The Home in which Stier-Israel Funeral Home is located, was built in 1900 by the L.C. Bonnot Family. It served as their private residence until the late 1940’s when it was bought by Howard Stier and became a Funeral Home. In 1951 a spacious chapel with a large seating capacity was added. Donald Israel II purchased the Funeral Home and has currently owned it since 1968. The name then changed to Stier-Israel Funeral Home. Upon graduating from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science, his son Donald Israel, III joined the family business in 1990.
Although many improvements have been made throughout the years, much of the building has been kept in its original state. Quarter sawed oak woodwork throughout, a large curved staircase and exquisite fireplace mantels have retained a warm, homey feel. The Funeral Home has several comfortable seating areas and a family lounge with a T.V. and games for the kids. This room also includes a refrigerator and sink for any beverage or food needs a family may have. We have two large parking lots with the one on the east side of the building being handicap assessible. Our goal is and always will be to provide a comfortable homelike setting for your family during a very difficult time.